A basic bread roll which I like to bake presented in little knots!
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250g plain flour
- 5g salt
- 7g dry yeast
- 5g sugar
- 150ml warm water
- Combine flour salt, yeast, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the water and stir until the mix forms together into a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured working surface and knead approximately 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Split the dough into 6 even parts and roll each into a long tube. Tie a little knot in one end and then wrap the rest of the end around the roll in whatever way you prefer!
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Place on a baking paper-lined cookie sheet covered with a tea towel and set in a warm room to raise for approximately 45 minutes.
- If desired, brush on beaten egg and sprinkle on any desired decoration (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic granules).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Buttlove Farms http://buttlovefarms.com/